Soar On Eagle Wings

Eagle Soar Wings
"I will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'" (Psalm 91:2 ESV)

"I am down and distress" and it is so hard to get back up again, no more energy to press on, everything is so bleak and dark, all seems empty and painful. Yet, I look up to the sky and I see the mighty eagle soaring above the storm clouds, flying with its strength as the mighty warrior marching to the battle gallantly.

I asked myself, will I be able to soar on wings like the eagle? Is there anything that I can hold on to? Are you there God? If you are, are you watching and listening? Speak God! Silence … just silence, I wait and wait hoping for God to make his presence known and to speak to me, alas nothing … I look up to the sky again and see the eagle is still soaring above the storm clouds mightily.

While closing my eyes, slowly but surely something comes into mind – God’s voice and His promise:

Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.
Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.
(Isaiah 40:28-31)

Tears start to flow down from my eyes, the tear of joy in a painful soul. I said to myself "Yes, God’s promise! He is not silence after all, He still speaks." Why can't I see and hear that? I am so blinded with the veil of all things that take place. But, I am still down and distress, I cannot deny that and it is real. Yet, God has promised "those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." The battle - the storm of clouds within, should I believe GodShould I pack my bag and leave GodHow can I not believe God and His promise for He has been good and faithful throughout my lifeHow can I forsake Him and yet in His grace He never forsakes meAm I a coward? No, I want to soar on wings like the eagle, flying through the storm clouds courageously because I know my God is faithful and His promise is true. I need to learn to trust God’s sovereignty and waiting faithfully for Him – I do not lose heart, I am being renewed day by day for He is the everlasting God.

Slowly I open my eyes and the "storm clouds" still there but my heart is renewed and God speaks. You are not silence and thank you for speaking to me. You are indeed the Creator of the ends of the earth. Though my step is heavy, yet I walk confidently entering my "storm clouds" as the eagle soars on its wings.

Comments